If you want to sell your home, talk to a real estate agent first for advice. Generally, the better cared-for your home appears to be, the more interest it will generate. Here are five things that will help you sell your home.
Before putting your home on the market, order a pre-listing inspection. During this inspection, a professional will examine the major parts of your property and give you a detailed inspection report.
The inspector will assess the foundation, the roof, the plumbing, the HVAC system, and the electrical system. If the home inspector finds issues with your home, you need to decide what repairs to make before listing the home for sale.
Curb Appeal Tips
After the inspection, make the house look better to prospective homebuyers by improving your home’s curb appeal. Here are some tips on how to help your home make a good first impression.
- Act like a homebuyer. Walk around your house and try to see it from the point-of-view of a potential buyer.
- Take a look at the roof. The roof is one of the major factors homebuyers will consider when making an offer since a roof replacement is costly.
- Replace the house numbers. Your house numbers will be one of the first things that home buyers notice. Install new, modern numbers to make a great impression.
- Get a second opinion. Have a friend or family member look at your home and point out things that would stop them from making an offer if they were the homebuyer.
- Add plants. Colorful plants are a low-cost way to add curb appeal.
- Open shutters and curtains. You may keep your curtains drawn for privacy, however, opening up your curtains adds light to the home and welcomes buyers.
Hire the Right Agent to Sell Your Home
When selling your house, hire an agent who is experienced and knowledgeable and who you feel comfortable working with. Find a real estate professional who is familiar with your neighborhood and knows the local market.
Staging Your Home
To stage a home, you will style the interior for maximum visual appeal. A few easy tricks for staging include adding fresh plants, installing bright yet comfortable lighting, and incorporating bold accent colors into the home. Be sure to pay special attention to the area just inside the front door. The entryway makes a big first impression when people visit a property.
Conducting a Successful Open House
When you hold an open house, the goal is to create excitement and generate interest in the home. Open house events are often held in the early evenings or on a Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon. Ask for your agent’s help in advertising the event. Try to get as many people to view the home as possible to foster enthusiasm and encourage multiple offers.
Sell Your Home Quickly
Selling your home can be simple. Make improvements to the property, stage the home, and hire a real estate agent to advise you through the process. Be sure to improve your home’s curb appeal to attract potential buyers.
AAA Professional Home Inspectors offers home inspections to the Kentucky counties of Jefferson, Bullitt, Spencer, Shelby, and Oldham. We also offer inspection services in Clark, Floyd, Jefferson, and Scott counties of Indiana. Contact us to schedule an appointment.